Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm out again. Spent two days in the hospital waiting to start the 7th course but I got sent home instead, due to a sore throat and blocked nose. The docs were afraid that I may get a high fever if I continued with chemo, so I ended up wasting TWO days. What a pity.

Met an extremely consicentious resident doctor who came to do routine checking on me on admission day...at 12 midnight. (I was admitted by 4pm.) Then he had the nerve to ask me if it was possible to draw blood from my CVC line. I, of course, told him that it was better to let nurses handle such 'menial' blood-drawing tasks. Should have given him a hard time instead and asked for his qualifications, but I'm not a mean person, so forget it. He's not the worst though. Another nurse came around asking if I wanted to take my height and weight...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. Helloo?? Does anyone SLEEP around here? I totally ignored her. I hope it's not one of the nicer nurses though, coz I may feel a little guilty.

No comments: